One of my goals for 101 in 1001 days was to start selling my old things on Poshmark, and as of this weekend I have officially started selling and I’ve already made a sale! I have had many friends tell me that they want to start selling but they do not know how to start. Now that I have started my own Poshmark closet, I thought this was the perfect time to write the post!
I personally think that listing your items through the app is the easiest, so once you download the app, sign into your account, and follow the steps below!
- List the item – You can take photos directly in the app to use for your listing.
- Photographing – Try and get the best light you can find so your customer finds the products more enticing. If you have a dress form or a model you can style the pieces on them.
- Share listings – I have already noticed how the app is a great community of supportive sellers and buyers. By sharing other people’s listings they will most likely help you out and share your listing too! When others share your listing it will appear on their followers’ feed and it will help drive traffic to your closet!
- Offer Great Customer Service – Think of your closet as your own business. If you are polite and and thoughtful people will want to come back and shop your closet. Try to get back to comments within 24 hours and be sure to send your items quickly once they sell! You can always toss in a little thank you note or a trinket to excite your customer. 🙂
- Tag users when you are responding – When you tag them, the user will get a notification that you have responded. You tag them the same as Facebook and Instagram.
- Shipping – Print out the pre-paid label that Poshmark sends you and secure it to your box. You can always package it in a cute way for your customer!
I hope these steps will help you sell your closet on Poshmark! Keep checking my closet because I still have a bunch more things to add! If you are already selling on Poshmark, comment below with your username!